Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Update

Since I found myself with a few minutes, I figured I would update everyone on what I've been up to this past week.

Even though I've been on "vacation" I haven't stopped writing my 500 words a day. I actually was given a really neat creative writing kit that has a collection of prompts for every day in the year. It is very cool because now I don't have to scramble around looking for a prompt, I have one ready made! The short stories I have come up with for the past two days have been completely different than anything I've ever written before, so this experience has been good for me so far.

Also, on Sunday morning I realized that the #wip500 group is not at all what it seemed like at first. There were too many rules to follow (most of which were unclear) and if I wasn't updating my word count or whatever correctly, I was going to be kicked from the group. Needless to say, I don't need to be accountable to anyone but myself, so I left that group and decided to join the "500 Words a Day" group that Debbie Ohi runs. It has much more freedom and a more relaxed environment. So, same goal, different priorities.

As it gets closer to the day that I head out to visit my family in Kansas and help with the new baby, I get more and more excited. Who knows what kind of exciting news ideas this will give me! I may not get as much writing done as I would like, but I'm going to give it my all.

Until next time :)

~Krys

No comments:

Post a Comment